- Disability: To participate in our wheelchair sports program, individuals must have a physical disability that affects their mobility.
- Age: Participants must be at least 8 years of age to participate in the program. There is no upper age limit.
- Wheelchair Type: Participants must use a sport-specific wheelchair that meets our safety and performance standards. Information on approved wheelchairs and purchasing options can be found on our website.
- Medical Clearance: Participants must provide medical clearance from their doctor indicating that they are able to participate in physical activity.
- Program Availability: Participants must be available to attend scheduled practices and events for the sport they choose to participate in. Information on program schedules and locations can be found on our website.
- Financial Ability: The S.M.C.L. Foundation & Associates Inc. disability program is committed to making wheelchair sports accessible to everyone, regardless of their financial situation. However, some equipment and supplies may need to be purchased by participants, and a limited amount of financial assistance may be available to those in need.
The S.M.C.L. Foundation & Associates Inc. disability program is dedicated to providing individuals with disabilities the opportunity to participate in wheelchair sports and improve their overall health and well-being. If you meet the eligibility requirements, we encourage you to apply to participate in our program. For more information or to request an application, please visit our website or contact us directly.